Water, Wastewater and Sludge
Even though water is not normally a scarce resource in Norway, the handling of water is crucial in protecting both human health and the environment. Aquateam deals with all types of water-related processes, from treatment of drinking water to wastewater handling as well as sludge and wet-organic waste. Our experts assist customers in assessing discharges to water and air. Aquateam is also formally accredited for sampling of wastewater.
Sludge and Organic waste
Sludge and organic waste may pose challenges if it is not handled properly. Aquateam posesses detailed knowledge in this field both with regard to processes and the regulatory framework. We routinely provide support and advice in the areas of planning, applications for permits, operations, quality systems, risk assessments, odor and disposal of remaining biological fractions.
Aquateam can assist customers with
- physical, chemical and biological characterization to for a basis for choice of treatment technology
- assessment of existing installations and the development of proposals for rebuilding plants to meet new regulations for treatment, processes or byproducts.
Aquateam also provides services on
- planning, pilot testing and evaluation of pilot tests to establish metrics for demensioning
- dimensioning of all types of bilogical treatment solutions like high capacity biological treatment in excisting chemical treatment plants and biological treatment for removal of nitrogen
- start-up of installations, guarantee testing and documentation
Aquateam is accredited for wastewater sampling in treatment plants. Currently, we are servicing more than 20 wastewater treatment plants which carry out sampling according to our quality system. This system is developed to be expanded to serve still more treatment facilities and Aquateam is currently offering the service to all relevant treatment facilities in Norway.
Aquateam has been involved in a substansial number of projects to upgrade and optimize excisting biogas facilities, dealing also with operational challenges. Our experts provide a broad range of competencies in areas like sampling, interpretation of data from realtime operations and discharge monitoring. Aquateam has over the years carried out a number of feasibility studies and pre-projects for treatment of food waste, sludge and other organic residues from biogas plants.
Aquateam has provided services to many operators of drinking water facilities over the past 25 years. Projects have included advise on plant development and operation, technology assessment, risk assessments and systems for internal quality control and accident preparedness.
Advisors to Plant owners/developers
Aquateam contributes with:
- preparation of, and advise on call for tenders related to water treatment processes and treatment of sludge and organic waste
- evaluation of bids
- quality assurance/control on tender documents
- testing and guarantee controles
- active partner with plant owner in ensuring agreed delivery and quality
Aquateams services within wastewater treatment covers accredited sampling, assistance in operations, process- and capasity assessments as well as evaluations and odour challenges.